The future is unprecedent! With pandemic situations hitting us for six, the future is becoming even more uncertain, too! However, what still resides in our hands is to be prepared. Education is always that very tool that helps us stay prepared, even for future uncertainties.
Psychology is one of those subjects that offers future career prospects that are well in demand, even during diverse situations and uncertainty. With psychology careers catching up with the tide, the demand for the subject has even grown higher. This subject, corelated to the study that blends human mind and its behaviour, is a stream that develops students into professionals that can comprehend human actions and responses to situations, as well as the key factors affecting the same. Psychology may involve anything ranging between- social, emotional, biological and even cognitive acts and behaviour.
- Studying Psychology is similar to taking up any other stream of studies. The minimum qualification required for pursuing higher studies in the stream is a qualified 10+2 degree.
- Soon after completion of 10+2 with at least 50% marks, one can get themselves enrolled for the undergraduate degree as “BA Psychology” or “Bachelor of Arts in Psychology”.
- This is a 3-year based undergraduate course. There’s almost an endless list of colleges and universities, offering the same all over the world.
Courses in Psychology
There are several courses in Psychology from which you can plan your career. A few are listed below:-
- BA or graduation degree in Psychology, which would take around 3 – 4 years for completion.
- A postgraduate honours degree in Psychology which takes around 1-2 years.
- However, the professional Master’s degree in clinical psychology or research psychology would take a total of 2 years.
- One can choose their streams based on the different types of psychology, namely – cognitive, social, forensic, or developmental psychology.
- Apart from these, the 3 iconic branches of psychology also include—behaviourism, psychoanalysis, and humanistic psychology – all of which are well in demand on a global scale.
Future careers in Psychology
Psychology is the future of work promise!
With pandemic hitting hard on the emotional quotient of individuals, Psychology continues to play a vital part in handling human minds, their understanding and well-being.
Some of sectors with fastest projected growth are expected in the field of healthcare, construction, healthcare support, and personal care. These will prove to be some of the most promising Psychology careers. These four fields are expected to contribute to over 5.3 million new jobs in the year 2022.
Some of the prospective career domains in the field of Psychology are-
- Behavioural Mental Health Support Worker.
- Forensic psychologists
- Marketing Manager
- Educational psychologists
- Brain Injury Recovery Worker
- Clinical psychologists
- Mental Health Mentor
- Occupational psychologists
- Planning Assistant
- Tutors in the field of Science, English and Maths, etc.
- Community Interpreter
- Personal Support Assistant
Psychology graduates and professionals are highly valued in several other domains, including:
- Advertising and marketing
Expert Psychologists with a deep understanding of the human behaviour can fit in research roles for both advertising and marketing.
- Counselling and advisory work
professional Psychologists aimed at helping and assisting students can consider taking up their roles in counselling and advice works. One can even move ahead with career guidance and social work, too.
- Human resources
professionals interested towards occupational psychology can pursue their career in the domain of human resources. This would include roles and responsibilities including- recruitment, staff development, psychometric assessment, etc.
Preparing for the future careers in Psychology
Future careers need a progressive approach. It is very important to be prepared in advance to pursue and stay in touch with the need of future demands. Similarly, in order to pursue future careers in Psychology, you need to be well qualified in the appropriate fields.
So, what are you waiting for? Get up and start your preparations with the right partners. Acadru offers a perfect way to begin the journey of a successful Psychology career.
Here are a few points to consider while planning the preparations for future careers in the subject-
- Sign up for domain specific courses.
- Apart from joining classes, make sure to work towards developing the critical skills required for the stream.
- Engage with the massive world of Internet information at your fingertips.
- Don’t forget to interact with relative professors or your helpful boss.
- Begin your education with brushing up on your basics.
- Stay focussed towards developing an effective study plan.
- Work towards sharpening your writing skills.
- Participate in different Psychological research options.
This is how you can start up with your preparations to pursue your future endeavours in Psychology.
If you would like to pursue a career in Psychology or any other field, we can help put you on the right track and gain the job placement you deserve. Speak to one of the team today and get started with improving your CV, making applications, and preparing for the interview process.